Followers

Tuesday 17 December 2013

WOYWW 237 Oh Dear. . . just push it to the side

Hi Peeps
I hope you have all your Christmas preparations done and dusted. If not why are you here and not doing them
Well this week my desk has seen a lot of action, with not a lot of tidying in between more, pushing to the sides.

In the true spirit of Christmas here's a list of  What's on my work desk this week c/o the hostess with the mostest Julia stamping-ground.
several pairs of scissors... well! aren't there always
My green notebook... with stitching ideas in
A brayer .... I have just carved my first lino cut
A drawer full of ink pads... I rarely use these, but GD Erin was putting them in colour order
At the back is a pencil with double sided foam pad wrapped around it ...strange but true.....ask Erin about that !!!
Bits of green felt from some stitched cards
On the right lots of tools ... toothbrush, lino carvers, ink pads etc, blah,, blah blah . . . . . .
any questions just ask, I will try and answer truthfully!!!
Here's some close ups


                                                                        Erin's drawer


Finished card


My lino cut, not very original ... but I have plans for this in the new year.
Time is short this week so the usual rules apply .
Not sure if Julia is going to post next week as its a busy day for some,  if not I would like to wish everyone a very
 HAPPY CHRISTMAS and peaceful new year
janet

16 comments:

  1. The start of your post made me laughter... The bit that says so why are you here then! As ...... I have been up since 4.30 am wrapping presents to get them done so I can blog hop and not feel guilty!
    Jackie 22

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not doing my Christmas things because the shops aren't open... have a great Christmas and see you soon, desking away! Helen 28

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little felt tree card Janet. I've had to call it a day with any more Christmas activities now cos it really isn't easy finding a working area here now so what isn't done wont get done now.
    Have a great Christmas and a happy, healthy and exciting new year.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 36

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm blog hopping as I only have a few more things to do and wanted a nosey round what you are all up to. loving the Christmas card with the tree on it. Thanks for sharing, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Tracy #41

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning
    Just popping my head around the door to say hi and wish you a very happy Christmas.
    Thanks for sharing your workplace.

    Neil #20

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Erin is a chip off the old block, isn't she? Good girl, putting them in colour order, I was (and still am probably) the same about doing that!!!
    Thanks for all the friendship and support this year, wishing you and yours and very Happy Christmas!
    Hugs, LLJ 43 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What am I doing here? Putting everything off I guess! I love the idea of random bits of foam stuck round stuff..although on a pen, it will make a helpful grip for little fingers...genius GD! Love the lino cut - well done you....will await the master plan.....!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here despite still having a lot of Christmassy stuff to do because I haven't been here for so long! I've missed you all and have a lot of catching up to do. I have a drawer just like yours, full of inks I forget to use - maybe they should be included in my resolutions for 2014 :) Look forward to seeing what you make with your lino cut. Seasons greetings to you and yours, Elizabeth x #45

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol yes my sewing room saw a lot of action over the last few weeks - I actually tidied it a bit today - well at least I can get through the door and have a bit of space on the table to work on now!! Happy Christmas! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative Gd you have, and love the sorting into colour order! I can remember as a child, getting my Mums button tin out, and spending hours sorting them into colours.Wishing you a Happy and Peaceful Christmas and New Year, from me & my Beloved Hubby. Huge Christmas Hugs, Shaz #44 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that felt tree! so pretty! You tell that Erin she's doing a good job there, take a (hug) from me.

    Bishopsmate #52

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the tree. You have some wonderful stuff on your desk. #6

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post and desk, Janet! I think we are all a little mad from the chaos of it all!! Happy WOYWW and Happy Holidays!! Hugs, Darnell #10

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am totally not ready for Christmas and at present not stressing about it either, hence why I am visiting and taking a peak at everyone's desk today. Sounds like you have been busy and are totally organised, loving your felt Christmas Tree too! Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Danie #37

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nope not me - I spent two days cleaning up LOL! Love the tree, so simple but so cute. And pen grip idea is a winner too. You are always thinking....
    Sorry to be late but now I can get to my desk, it's commenting time ...

    Happy last WOYWW before Christmas!
    Mary Anne (24)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha, yes indeed, what are we doing here? Procrastinating no doubt! I just have some baking to do at the weekend and a couple of small presents to wrap and then I'm done. Busy desk, love the stitched tree and I like Erin's tidying, perhaps you should let her do the entire desk! No, no, not really, lol! Have a great Christmas.

    Hugs
    Brenda 54

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know you have popped by so please leave a comment, they are much appreciated.